Event & Communications Coordinator
(Canada Summer Jobs Employment)
Eligibility & Qualifications:
This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program.
As per the program requirements, youth hired must meet the following criteria:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment. The youth must be 15 years of age at the beginning of the employment period. The youth may be more than 30 years of age at the end of the employment period as long as the youth was 30 at the beginning of the employment period.
- Be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Be available to work the full work term from May or June 2022 to August 26, 2022.
Reporting to the Special Events Development Officer, the Event & Communications Coordinator will have many opportunities to learn and grow in their knowledge of healthcare fundraising over the summer months. This includes planning and coordinating content for all communication platforms and supporting the design and execution of marketing materials. Key to the success of this position is creative thinking, organizational skills and an interest in understanding philanthropic event planning and execution.
• Assist in the execution of various marketing communication plans to increase and inspire philanthropy in support of Cambridge Memorial Hospital Foundation
• Communications platform management, including content creation for website and social media in relation to special events and Hospital appeals
• Hands-on support of event logistics including promotion, photography, social media, and additional tasks pre and post-event
Qualifications & Skills
Canada Summer Jobs program requirements as well as:
- A keen interest in exploring healthcare fundraising
- A degree, diploma, or certificate (in progress or completed) in a discipline applicable to the position
- Participate frequently in social media, both personally and professionally
- Exemplary writing skills with an ability to write compelling communications that capture the hearts and minds of donors, employees, and the external community
- The ability to function efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Versatile in social media, and in platforms such as Adobe PDF Editor, Microsoft Office Suite, Keynote, PowerPoint, Google Analytics, WordPress and CMS
- Interpersonal skills required for teamwork
- Access to personal transportation is required due to the nature of this position
- Flexible work hours are required for this position
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff, and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Cambridge Memorial Hospital Foundation requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
The successful external applicant is required to provide the applicable criminal record check, as requested by Human Resources, in accordance with federal and provincial legislation. Valid criminal record checks are in original format and dated two months from the date of conditional offer from CMHF. Cambridge Memorial Hospital Foundation is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodations will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
HOW TO APPLY: Please e-mail your resume with a cover letter to Alex Wolosinecky at [email protected]. Resumes with cover letters are being accepted until May 11, 2022.